As a Repairman, you work as part of the Engine team, who is responsible for maintaining adequate and comfortable living and working conditions all around the ship.
This role includes responsibility for the general overhauling and maintenance of all galley equipment and machinery along with steelwork, including stainless steel. Maintenance and repair of all piping related to accommodation operations, such as fresh water, black water, grey water, drains, air conditioning and ventilation, cold spaces, maintain routine checks on various equipment and spaces, etc.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
- You are responsible for the functionality and safety of all indoor areas around the ship by repairing, refitting and modifying existing structures according to different requests. For e.g. walls, ceilings, floors, and other surfaces, doors, locks and furniture.
- You work as a part of a team, and you are responsible to the 1st engineer.
- As part of the repair work, welding different types of metal, including TIG and MIG.
- Operate all common shop equipment with experience using a machine Lathe preferable.
- Carry out steelwork, including stainless steel.
- Prepare, repair and install pipe fittings and general maintenance of plumbing and piping system within the accommodation areas.
What are the requirements (skills/competencies) for this role?
- You have practical skills and technical understanding, and you can use common hand tools and electric tools to fix existing or fabricate new furniture and structure.
- You have some level of technical education.
- Must hold an active Welding license from a recognized educational institution.
- Earlier experience is required.